The Kymeta u8TM terminal is the only land-based solution of its kind that fully supports always-on broadband communications over both satellite and cellular while mobile. This core feature, which allows you to connect to a satellite while on the move, combined with our back-end support suite of services, Kymeta Connect, results in a seamless customer experience and a product that no other satellite antenna company offers today.
Kymeta’s engineering team has made dramatic technological advancements with the u8, including a doubling of the antenna’s gain, full Ku-band coverage, and realizing near-theoretical scan loss performance. All while reducing cost compared to Kymeta’s first-generation product.
Design for Gain and Bandwidth
- Full Ku-band coverage and LEO upgradeable
- Center fed design for a lower profile and higher aperture efficiency
- Rx and Tx from a single aperture
Design for Temperature
- Low power input to eliminate overheating challenges
- Reflective coating to reject solar load
- Self-correcting system for high temperatures
- Doming and hydrophobic coating to reduce rain and snow pooling
- Thermal fade improved in the u8 by 2-3 dB at 55°C
Design for Mobile Environments
- 2dB improvement in the u8 compared to a traditional phased array at high scan angles
- Near theoretical scan loss
Design for Reliability
- Quick to install and commission, even in the harshest environments
- All-outdoor construction, IP66 rating, and extended operational temperatures between extended operational temperatures between-40°C to +70°C; MIL 810H-certified for sand and dust
View Technical Papers
World Class Research, Development, and Production Facilities
16,500 square feet of engineering and laboratory space dedicated to rapid prototyping and accelerating Kymeta’s novel communications products to market. Highly dedicated team that is home to some of the brightest minds in the industry that are creating and developing solutions for the next generation of satellite/cellular connectivity.
Have more questions? Let us know how we can help.