Commercial Availability Announced for the World’s First Truly Flat Satellite Antenna, For Use Across a Broad Range of Markets, Enabling Global, Mobile ConnectivityKymeta announces commercial availability of mTennau7 satellite antenna and KyWay™ terminal, and begins taking product reservations at SATELLITE 2017
WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 6, 2017 – Kymeta announced today, at SATELLITE 2017, that the mTennau7 – the world’s first, electronically scanned satellite antenna that can be used extensively across mobile and fixed platforms will begin commercial trials in May. Kymeta is currently taking commercial reservations for the mTennau7 satellite antenna and KyWay terminal.
Kymeta mTenna® technology replaces traditional satellite dish technology with light, thin, software-steered antennas specifically designed for mobile communications. The satellite industry has been waiting for an electronically steered antenna to bring the massive capacity available via satellite to the mobile communications market. This is the first time a technology with this capability will be available.
The Kymeta mTennau7 ASM and KyWay Terminal will make satellite spectrum viable for mobile communications where it has never been possible before. High-throughput connectivity will now be available to a broad range of markets including maritime, rail, VIP and Civilian Armored Vehicles (CAV), energy and more. The range of uses and markets Kymeta will bring to bear will impact both the satellite and communications industries.
“iDirect has been a leader in the mobile satellite communications market for over two decades and we have been waiting for a technology like this to enable and expand satellite connectivity into new markets,” said David Harrower, Vice President of Business Development, VT iDirect. “At iDirect we are proud to be the first modem partner, working with Kymeta to support their innovative KyWay Terminal with a trusted solution that also supports Kymeta KĀLO™ connectivity services through the IntelsatOne® Flex network.”
Kymeta mTenna technology delivers a low profile, lightweight, small footprint, metamaterials based Ku-band antenna with several advanced features including:
- Electronic RF beam-steering in manual or automatic modes with polarization selection and angle control, with absolutely no moving parts.
- Satellite auto-acquisition and tracking with communication through a standardized application programming interface (API).
- Weather-facing flat radome eliminating the bulky legacy radome, reducing weight and complexity for easy maintenance and installation.
- Supports transmit and receive operations on a single aperture with low power consumption.
For more information, connect with Kymeta at SATELLITE 2017:
- March 7 – March 9, Booth 1109
Kymeta will be exhibiting and accepting reservations for mTenna u7 ASMs and KyWay Terminals during show hours.
- March 6, 11:20-11:40 AM ET: Going Domeless, Why the Future of Maritime Communications is Flat
Kymeta Vice President of Maritime, Hakan Olsson, will discuss the transformation of the maritime connectivity industry.
- March 7, 1:45 PM-3:00 PM ET: Delivering Critical Mass through Standardization
Kymeta Chief Commercial Officer, Bill Marks, will be joined by other industry executives and the EMEA Satellite Operators Association (ESOA) to discuss the future of interoperability in the satellite industry.
- March 7, 3:15 PM ET-4:00 PM ET: Can Flatter Antennas Bring Fatter Profits?
Nathan Kundtz, Ph.D., Founder, President & CEO, Kymeta, will be joined by connectivity technology leaders to explore the economic benefits of switching to flat-panel antenna solutions.
- March 8, 1:45 PM-2:15 PM ET: Closing the Business Case While Avoiding Past Mistakes
Cate van Oppen, Kymeta Business Development Manager for IoT, will be joined by other industry leaders to highlight the importance of business plans that do not underestimate development costs, competition, and future disruptive technologies.
- March 8, 2:00 PM ET-2:45 PM ET: MSUA’s Mobility Maritime Focus session, titled ‘Which Technologies will Lead the Way in the New Mobile Maritime Era?”
Kymeta Vice President of Maritime, Hakan Olsson, will be joined by other industry professionals to analyze the evolving role of antenna technologies in the maritime market.
Business Inquiries for Kymeta:
Director of Marketing
Media Inquiries for Kymeta:
Director of Public Relations
The Summit Group